Monday, September 2, 2013

Wednesday and Thursday!

**Almost done! 2 more posts for this trip!**


Korea in August is hot.. And humid.. And it makes you slowly go insane.. How people can wear long pants when it's 102 degrees and humid is beyond me.. 

To relieve ourselves of the heat we went to Hwansun Cave! A godsent place if you ask me! This under ground cave was a cooling 40 degrees! We spent about an hour walking through the cave, nearly bumping our heads, and slipping on the rock. It was nice~! A natural air conditioner! 

After this we spent about 2 hours in the car to go eat lunch at a seafood restaurant. Now, I'm not a fan of seafood so I didn't touch anything but it looked really fresh! It was also really spicy because it was a hotspot with about 3 tablespoons of chili paste... Wow~ (finish the phrase :D ) 

After this we headed to a world renowned archery school and I got to watch the masters shoot and also my friends attempt to shoot ( someone actually shot the ceiling by mistake XD ) 

After this~ again we went in the car for an hour and headed to the beach~ Hajodae Beach~ some students went on the banana boat but I've been there and done that and I didn't want to do it again so I took a nap on a big raised table~ after that we bought ice cream ( I swear all of my money went towards snacks and ice cream...)  our dinner was tofu hotpot (yum~~) it was spicy though so I only had a few pieces. 

We went to our hotel afterwards~ no sauna room but there was a store where I bought some ice cream~ 


Okay so Thursday~ this was the last day of our Gangwon province excursion~! We went to the Unification Observatory (not the DMZ well known to the world) and got the see the mountains and coastline connecting north and South Korea. This isn't the DMZ that people see on TV where there are guards from both countries guarding the 38th parallel but it was a part of the DMZ non-the-less! We went back to our bus where, along the way, I bought a chicken skewer ( I ordered in Korean too~ so proud of myself ^__^). I also got a photo with a military vehicle! After this we had lunch and took a nap afterwards for our transfer back to Seoul ( 3.5 hours?) and then we had bibimbap for dinner (rice with veggies and meat (you mix it together)). We then checked back into our original hotel and our curfew was 11pm that night~ so my friend Nick and I went to Dongdaemun to go shopping and also watch a singing competition by the riverside :) 

It's always fun being a foreigner in Seoul~ you get so many privileges and get invited to do so many fun(ny?) things ^__^ I'll leave that as the prelude to my next post where I get to relive my most embarrassing and amazing moments from the final 2 days~~~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment