Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Friday and Saturday


These were the days that I stayed with a host family. My eonni (she was older than me so this is the term for it) and I met at the orientation at Yonsei Univeristy. Her mom drove us to an Italian restaurant in Itaewon where I got beef pasta (it was seriously the best pasta I have ever had..). Her mom then took us to Lotte World, an amusement park with a mall, subway station, underground shopping mall, and supermarket attached to it. We went on the Giant Loop, Atlantis, Gyro Twist, and a Tree Ride. Then we had some coffee in a coffee shop, ate at a traditional Korean restaurant, and went to the underground mall to buy clothes. I bought 3 really cute shirts, some makeup, and some accessories for a really good price :-) we also bought couple bracelets. Afterwards we went on the subway to her house~ we went in for about an hour and then we went out again to Paris Baguette to buy Bread and some snacks. We met her younger brother on the way~ we came back home and her brother ate dinner and then I handed out the gifts that I bought :) I think the brother really liked the cookies~ 

So in Korea students have to study a lot and go to school on weekends depending on the classes, so my eonni had to go to math academy on Saturday. She did her homework that night and I stayed in the living room with her while she did it and kind of slept on her XD. We were really close~ we slept in the living room and watched a movie~ 

Saturday I woke up first and got ready for breakfast~ my eonni finished her homework and then we had lunch quickly and her parents drove us to her lessons. I spent 3 hours learning math and the teacher was really funny~! I think he was really surprised when he saw me in his class since I was the only foreigner in his class.. Translating Korean and doing math at the same time made me really sleepy so I had a hard time staying awake~ his assistants handed out coffee at the end though so I stayed awake ;) after this we walked to a Korean restaurant and had beef soup~ it was really unique. The beef was still on the bones and my host mom cut the meat off of the bone for me and put it in my bowl~ that was so sweet of her~ I had to say goodbye to my eonni now because she had to take a test~ and my host family took me back to the hotel~ I went out to karaoke and coffee with one friend and then I called it a night~ i also planned what I'd do during my free day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment